Image Map

Monday, January 27, 2014

Oh how I missed the Stockyards...

We have lived in Fort Worth for a little over a year now and my favorite place to hang out is STILL the Fort Worth Stockyards. It's probably the country girl in me who just feels at home when there cattle and horses walking down the streets and country music in the background. The Stockyards just make my  heart happy. Unfortunately, a few months ago, our favorite hole in the wall bar with live country music, the Thirsty Armadillo, was taken under new ownership and I haven't been real thrilled about hanging out there since. This weekend though, our favorite local band, the Jim Bowies, made a triumphant return to the Thirsty Armadillo to play for a regular's Birthday party and it was incredible. We also had some incredible weather this weekend which made it all the more wonderful!

So my friends and I slipped on our boots and headed down to the Armadillo just like old times and my heart felt happy once again :)


Now since the Stockyards are also a pretty big tourist attraction in Fort Worth, the people watching is always top notch. This past Saturday did not disappoint. The person who hired the Jim Bowies to play was a 50 something year old biker who had a serious obsession with Kelly Clarkson. I'm not kidding, this guy had Kelly Clarkson's face tattooed on his body in 3 different locations that were visible. His wife also brought in a 3 tiered birthday cake for him that had a giant picture of Kelly Clarkson on top. Nicest people ever, just really bizarre. So obviously with the Kelly obsessed birthday boy came all of his biker friends. Let's just say there was not a dull moment at the Armadillo on Saturday! 

About a year ago my husband and I had our engagement photos taken in the Stockyards and every time I'm down there it reminds me of our fun day running around taking photos. Here are a few of my favorites.






With spring being right around the corner I am excited for a lot more Stockyards fun to come!

On Sunday we woke up to 70 degree weather and the sun shinning so we headed to meet some friends at Winslow's Wine Cafe for brunch. Winslow's is one of my favorite happy hour spots and we just recently learned that they also serve brunch on the weekends and it is AMAZING! Delicious food, $6 bottomless mimosas and a killer patio make for a fabulous brunch. I wish I had a picture of the yummy food but you'll have to give me a break, I'm new to this whole blogging thing after all!

Make it a great week!

Lauren




 photo signature-43.png

2 comments:

  1. Your engagement photos are absolutely adorable! And 70 degrees?? You're killing me! I'm over here sweatering it up here in Chicago in subzero temps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much! Yes, 70 degrees! It's been a rough winter down here though too, nothing like up in Chicago but hopefully it's about over for both of us! :)

      Delete